Dharamshala Nagar Nigam
The Municipality of Dharamshala is one of the oldest Municipalities. In 1849, Dharamshala was founded by Britishers and used as a cantonment for the troops; it was earmarked as the summer capital. In 1855 it was declared as the headquarter of Kangra District. On 6 May 1867, the Municipality was established. On October 5, 2015 it was declared as a Municipal Corporation under the Himachal Pradesh Municipal Act 1994 by merging 9 adjacent villages.
The total area of Dharamshala Municipal Corporation is 27.6 Sq. Km with 17 wards. The total population of the city is 53543 with 10978 households.