Nagpur Nagar Nigam
Nagpur Nagar Nigam was established in 1864. At that time, the area under the jurisdiction of the Nagpur Nagar Nigam Council was 15.5 km2 and the population was 82,000. As per the CNC Act, 1948, the key responsibility for providing Nagpur’s citizens basic urban services lies with the Nagpur Municipal Corporation. NMC is responsible for administering and providing basic infrastructure to the city.
- Building and Maintenance of roads, streets and flyovers.
- Public Municipal schools
- Water purification and supply
- Street lighting
- Maintenance of parks and open spaces
- Sewage treatment and disposal
- Garbage disposal and street cleanliness
- Urban development and city planning of new areas.
- Registering of births and deaths.
NMC co-ordinates with various other government organizations like NIT, MHADA, MSRTC, the Traffic Police, MPCB, etc. for delivering these basic urban services.
Mahanagar Palika Marg,Civil Lines,
India, 440 001
Telephone: 0712 2567035, Fax:0712 2561584