“There should not be any complaints ideally, but if about 3 crore passengers will travel in more than 10,000 trains daily, some complaints might come up.”Indian Railways passengers will finally be heard!To improve services of Indian Railways and to make an effective forum to lodge complaints, Suresh Prabhu, India’s Railway minister has launched an online portal as well as an Android app to lodge Indian Railway Complaint. Besides registering complaints, people can also use these forums to send suggestions for improving railway services.
Infact, now every a passenger can complaint via an SMS, a phone call, a mobile app or through internet. Let us look at each in detail.
- Passengers who wish to complaint online can visit http://www.coms.indianrailways.gov.in/. Through this portal they can give suggestions, register complaints and also track the status of their complaints and suggestions.
- The good thing is that complaints are available in every possible category including bedroll issues, cleanliness, improper behavior, passenger booking issues, thefts and such.
- To ensure that action is taken on every complaint, the portal also has a tracking system. Once you file a complaint, you get a unique complaint number through which a passenger can track the status of their complaint.
- Alternatively, the complainant will also receive a message on their registered mobile phone and via email about the action taken on the matter.
Complaint Through Mobile App
The mobile app is currently available on Android and you can download it from Google Play Store. The functionality offered by the COMS (Complaint Management System) app is exactly the same as in case of the web portal. A passenger can register complaint, give feedback and track their complaints directly through native mobile app.
One interesting feature about mobile app (as well as portal) is that you can add attachments to your complaint. So lets say you want to complaint about dirty coach, you can immediately snap a picture and attach it as a proof. This can be incredibly useful in many cases.
Complaint on SMS and Phone Call
In the last Railway budget, the minister had also announced dedicated helpline for Railway customers and SMS Number for complaint.
- For Complaints or Suggestions – Call 138
- For Security Issues – Call 182.
- SMS to +919717680982
Complaint Through Tweeter
Millions of Railway passengers are going to be extremely happy with the steps taken by the Indian Railways. Do install the app on your smartphones and next time you travel, make sure you complaint if you see anything wrong!